EncoreNZ is committed to Health & Safety and has a great expectation of our team whilst working with our clients.
Health & Safety Policy
EncoreNZ Holdings Ltd is committed to maintaining a safe and healthy working environment for the safety and health of all workers and other persons in the workplace. It is recognised that maintaining the highest possible standards of health and safety is a key management responsibility and a measure of the success of this organisation.
The Person Conducting a Business or Undertaking (PCBU) will be accountable for the following duties:
- To provide and maintain a Safety Management System (SMS) for continuous improvement in OHS management.
- To provide safe plant and systems of work.
- To identify, assess and manage significant hazards and monitor continuing effectiveness.
- To ensure all incidents and accidents are promptly & accurately reported, recorded, investigated and analysed for trends.
- To ensure, where possible, any worker who suffers a work related lost time injury has available to them alternative appropriate duties to aid in their vocational rehabilitation.
- To annually review the SMS in consultation with workers.
- To ensure the ongoing consultation and worker participation with regard to H & S matters.
The PCBU is responsible for ensuring the setting up and monitoring of processes to carry this out. The PCBU will ensure, as far as is reasonably practicable, that EncoreNZ Holdings Ltd meets all of its obligations under the Health & Safety at Work Act 2015, applicable Regulations, Approved Codes of Practice, Guidelines and other relevant standards.
The PCBU will undertake regular assessments to identify hazards, consider the risks involved, and set up control measures as necessary.
These processes will be documented in a manual known as the Safety Management System (SMS). This manual will be reviewed and improved in consultation with workers on an annual basis. This manual will be made available to all workers.
- Take reasonable care for their own safety
- Take reasonable care they, through either their own action or inaction, that they do not affect the health and safety of other people
- Comply with any reasonable instruction that is given by the PCBU
- Correct and/or report any unsafe conditions which come to their attention
- Cooperate with any reasonable policy or procedure of the PCBU
This policy will be reviewed annually – or as required beforehand – by the PCBU, to ensure compliance with any legislation or organisational changes. The PCBU seeks the co-operation of all workers in fulfilling our H & S requirements.
Signed: Teisha Pihama Dated: 09/02/2018